- Green Campus
Reduce Energy Consumption:
Bhavan’s Centre for Communication and Management (BCCM), Bhubaneswar has adopted the following policies to reduce energy consumption.
- Activate power management features on your computer and monitor so that it will go into a low power “sleep” mode when you are not working on it.
- Turn off your monitor when you leave your Table.
- Turn off unnecessary lights and use daylight instead.
- Use LED or compact fluorescent bulbs as much as possible
- Switch off lights, fans in conference rooms, classrooms, lecture halls when they are not in use.
- Implement solar system to cut down the heavy usage of electricity
- In hostels, install the ovens with non conventional energy resources
Bhavan’s Centre for Communication and Management (BCCM), Bhubaneswar has adopted the following policies to minimize consumption of water.
- Repair sources of water leakage, such as dripping taps and showers as quickly as possible.
- Install appliances, which reduce water consumption.
- Encourage use of recycled rainwater and grey water to reduce main source of water consumption.
- Reuse the water coming out RO water purification systems for washing clothes and garments in hostels.
- Use an efficient and hygienic water storage mechanism to minimize the loss of water during storage.
- Keep a stack of paper that has been printed on one side and use it for day to day rough paper work
- Use more readout material in soft form. Reduce the hard readout material. Use more of e-mail for officially communicating the information needed, online reading etc.
- Minimize the use of fertilizers and pesticides in college grounds, opting for the use of compost produced on site wherever possible.
- Reduce the practice of burning plastic and other materials that emit harmful gas on burning is prevented in the campus.
- Ensure that all cleaning products used by college staff have a minimal detrimental impact on the environment.
- Use two types of bins separately for biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes in the college campus as well as in hostels.
- Recycle electronics and batteries in e-waste recycling bins located around campus.
- Along with Bhubaneswar Municipality Corporation (BMC) facilities, BCCM also has its own facility of waste management on daily basis for segregation and subsequent disposal of waste.