The 2-year full-time Post-Graduate Diploma in Management(PGDM) offered to groom students into professional managers with a strong conceptual foundation and practical skills required to manage the businesses of today and tomorrow.
Management is not only about solving structured problems efficiently and effectively but also about the challenge of transforming a situation into an opportunity in an ever-changing competitive environment in the era of globalization and further, handling human problems in real life to synergize the team effort. Post Graduate Diploma in Business administration equips the students and managers with skills to meet the challenges and opportunities of the corporate world. It strengthens the leadership capabilities of students. The learning model provides transformational experience that fosters professional, intellectual and personal development. It is designed to provide a unique, market-relevant combination of a comprehensive business education with real-world applications. Potential Careers Managers perform a broad range of duties in virtually every sector of the economy. After this degree, students are absorbed at the managerial level in private as well as government sector. There are many opportunities in the field of management, marketing, healthcare management and human resource management to help students realize their potential.
Bhavan's Centre for Communication & Management has obtained the approval of the AICTE, New Delhi vide their letter No. 431/OR/06/PGDBM/N-31 dated 28.6.2006 for establishment PGDM for the Academic Year 2006-2008.The same has been renewed for Academic years up to 2013-14 vide AICTE File No. EASTERN/1-1377009742/2013/EOA.
Why PGDM ?
Earlier, B-Schools like MNIMS, SP Jain used to provide MMS/MBA degree while they were affiliated to Mumbai University, but not since they have become autonomous, they no longer provides MMS/MBA degrees and give PGDM considering the following
- Institutes has control over course structure and schedule for examinations. This allows them to teach the latest development and subjects to the students as is in the case of other premier Institutes including the IIMs.
- PGDM program is entirely handled by autonomous Business Schools under the regulation of AICTE, while the Universities govern MBA Programme.
- PGDM programme is run by the autonomous Business Schools, which regularly update their syllabi according to the need of corporate world.
- BCCM has opted for high techniques and interactive pedagogy methodology like Case Studies, Presentation, Role - Plays for the teaching purpose, instead of only classroom lectures.
- To maintain the standard and industry institute relation, BCCM keep on inviting corporate gurus & leaders, who take lectures and workshops for the students.
- As it says, "Traveling broadens your Horizon", so BCCM keep itselves on track and keep arranging visits to Industries.
- Special stress is given on Soft-skill development. Credit papers like Managerial Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Team Building / Group Dynamics, Personality Development, Corporate Etiquities etc. are included in each trimester. Besides these, spoken English classes are also conducted to develop the communication skills of each student.
- A two year full time PGDM Diploma and a two year full time MBA programme are equivalent, with PGDM taking the lead; as it allows to adapt to change and keep pace with the fast changing business scenario.
- Naturally, the PGDM program is more acceptable in the Industry and enhances the employability.
OTHER SPECIALTIES OF BHAVAN'S PGDM PROGRAMME
Students undergoing PGDM course in BCCM will be given an option to choose two specialization i.e. dual specialization having seven papers each. The choice of this two subjects as specialization are to be made out of the following subjects: (a) Marketing (b) Finance (c) HR (d) System.
Super Specialization leading to PGDM(Hons):
The students will be offered to choose Business Specific Super Specialization in the term Sixth trimester . The papers of this trimester are designed in such a way that it can meet present day’s industry requirement. The papers offered in the areas like Retail, Public relation, Media management, Banking and Financial Services helps a student to increase his/her employability in industry.
Unique Domain Specialization ERP (SAP)
Specialized end-user training in Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) and advance training in SAP modules, such as Sales & Distribution, HR, and Finance etc is being provided to the students in 6th Trimester.
The Institute's curriculum lays emphasis on participatory learning - combining case studies, projects, games & outdoor sessions for overall development of the students. Research Projects/Dissertation work and Summer Project work are an essential part of the curriculum, with the aim to acquaint the students with practical knowledge, with help of on job training so that not only do the students have a sound theoretical background but also have relevant experience in application of theory to practical situations.
Foundation Course: 2 months foundation course is extended to non-commerce students. It includes subjects like mathematics, statistics and general economics etc.
Industry Interactions & Seminars:
Though out the year the students participate in various face-to-face interactions with leading professionals through seminars and guest lectures. The Institute has blended its unique Saturday lecture into its curriculum where eminent personalities from different walks of life i.e. not only from Corporate World but also from Social, Cultural and other areas, share their experience with the future mangers/leaders, and facilitate their overall development.
Soft Skill Development:
Special stress is given on Soft-skill development and credit papers like Managerial Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Team Building / Group Dynamics, Personality Development, Corporate Etiquities etc. are included in each trimester. Besides these, spoken English classes are also conducted to develop the communication skills of each student.
Stress Management Through YOGA:
Institute organises various activities for the health care of its staff and students. Compulsory training is given in the areas like Art of living, military type training, Stress Management through Yoga & Pranayam so that the students are physically & mentally prepared to face the practical world.
The Institute has a unique system wherein the facilities act as mentors to the future business leaders. A Group of students are attached to selected faculty members who act as a mentor to their group. They offer assistance, support and guidance to their group of students facilitating in realization of their career objectives.
PGP-2 students are associated with PGP-1 students from the day of joining and act as their buddy. A buddy helps a junior students to acclimatize with the college environment and also helps to work with projects and assignments given by faculty members.